WHY CHOOSE FIDELITY WARRANTY SERVICES?
Whether you plan on driving your vehicle for many more years or you want to increase resale value, having an extended warranty can help you achieve the goals you have as a car owner. An extended warranty gives you the freedom of not having to worry about negotiating with the mechanic, searching for a towing company, or paying out of pocket for parts and labor.
Below we outline the type of protection you’ll get with a protection plan from Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. and why we have chosen to work with them as our exclusive partner for protection plans for all Makes/Models.
Fidelity Extended Car Warranty Service Contract Plans
Americans drive an average of nearly 13,500 miles per year. Those miles add up quickly, and companies that offer high-mileage plans are a good option for today’s long-distance drivers.
Fidelity Warranty Services offers coverage plans at dealerships across the country. You can choose a Vehicle Protection Plan, which consists of three coverage levels and protection up to 120,000 miles.
Fidelity Extended Warranty Service Contract Plans (Vehicle Protection Plan)
The Fidelity Extended Warranty Service Contract, or Vehicle Protection Plan, offers three plans: Powertrain, Gold, and Platinum.
This basic plan covers the engine, transmission, and drive axle of the vehicle, as well as certain electric motor/generator components.
The Gold plan covers the basic powertrain as well as components within the following systems:
- Air conditioning
- Front/rear suspension
- Hybrid/plug-in electric/compression natural gas/hydrogen components
This Fidelity car warranty is a bumper-to-bumper, exclusionary plan, which gives the most protection and lists only excluded items.
Examples of excluded items may include:
- Brake drums
- Air bags
- Catalytic converter
All plans come are transferable and can be cancelled by request. You’ll also get included 24/7 roadside assistance benefits and other peace-of-mind benefits, including towing, rental and trip interruption reimbursement up to a certain amount per day. Vehicle fluids are covered in addition to parts and labor.
Fidelity Warranty Services Quotes and Claims Process
A Fidelity Extended Warranty Service Contract can only be purchased through a participating dealership, like our dealership (Steingold Volvo Cars in Pawtucket, RI), and you can get a direct quote on our website now!
When it’s time to file a claim, either bring your vehicle to your local dealer or repair facility or contact Fidelity Warranty Services directly at 1-800-327-5172. You can bring your vehicle to one of 6,000 participating service centers. Your claim payment will be made directly to the repair facility. All contracts are backed by insurance as well, and you’ll still be covered even if your selling dealership goes out of business.
Be aware that the Fidelity Warranty Services claims analysts are not available 24/7. They have set business hours, and you won’t be able to reach a claims analyst on a Sunday, but they are very responsive and extremely helpful.
Fidelity Car Warranty Customer Reviews
Fidelity Warranty Services is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited company with an A+ rating and 41 years of industry experience.
Customers who reviewed their Fidelity car warranty on the BBB website were pleased with the easy claims process and the company’s efficiency:
“Fast payment. Hassle-free. Very happy that my Jeep was covered with the bumper-to-bumper warranty.” - Deborah S.
“I've never dealt with an easier process. My wife recently had a flat while driving out of state and needed an immediate repair. Because this was out of area and we didn't have time to call into the Fidelity to pre-approve this repair, I was expecting to have to argue with the claims processor when I called this in the day later. When I did call, it took less than five minutes for them to gather my info and process the claim. We received the reimbursement check a few days later. Thanks for exceeding expectations and making it very easy to work through this claim.” - Thomas R.
Read Terms & Conditions.
Fidelity Warranty Services Prices
If you’re ready to ask about protection plan prices, then you’ve come to the right place! Since we are an authorized retailer for Fidelity Warranty Services, you can get an instant online quote – for free!
Pricing will vary by plan, mileage, and vehicle model. Prices will vary depending on the individual term and deductible you choose. A Fidelity Extended Warranty Service Contract deductible can range from $0 to $250.
Our Partnership with Fidelity Warranty Services
After a long partnership with Fidelity Warranty Services, we have had great success with the coverage for our customers. Our clients really feel like they’re getting a tailored plan specific to their needs.
Fidelity Extended Warranty Review
Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. (FWS) is a provider of vehicle service contracts. Sometimes mistakenly labeled “extended warranties.” Fidelity is a brand under the JM&A Group. This company calls itself “...a results-driven company committed to increasing dealers’ bottom-line profits.” In business for over 40 years, FWS has over 13.4 million contracts in service and says that it has paid out over a half-billion dollars in claims. FWS is the customer-facing brand name that JM&A uses for its vehicle service contracts.
- Two coverage levels which cover hybrid and electric vehicles
- Plans for high-mileage vehicles
- “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Long-term player in this business
- Limited older vehicle plans available
What is the Fidelity Warranty Services Plan?
An FWS plan is a vehicle service contract made to cover unexpected repairs. FWS is a full-service vehicle protection company. It offers three levels of coverage for unforeseen repair needs as well as a host of other products. The other products include prepaid maintenance plans, four levels of wheel, tire, and rim protection plans, and even theft deterrent products.
The three tiers of vehicle service contracts FWS offers include:
- POWERTRAIN COVERAGE - The lowest level of protection. This plan only offers protection against covered mechanical breakdowns of the engine, transmission, and drive axle
- GOLD COVERAGE - A mid-tier plan that adds to the Powertrain coverage. This plan adds in some electrical, cooling, steering, brake, and other repairs.
- PLATINUM COVERAGE - The most comprehensive plan. It builds upon the two prior plans and is the closest thing to a factory bumper to bumper warranty offered by FWS.
What is Covered by Fidelity Warranty Services Plans?
FWS offers vehicle service contracts that are exclusionary. Only the repairs that are listed in the contract you sign will be covered. It is vital that you read this document carefully and have a full understanding of it before you sign. If you purchase a low-cost plan and your infotainment system stops working, you will have no recourse.
Additional Benefits Included in All Fidelity Warranty Services Plans
- Alternative transportation including $40 per day for rental cars or public transportation
- Towing up to $100 per breakdown
- Travel interruption of $100 per day and $500 per occurrence
- Plans are fully transferable to subsequent owners
- Fluids needed for covered repairs are included in all plans
Which Fidelity Warranty Services Plan is Right for Me?
Powertrain offers coverage for the major components of the engine, transmission, and drive axles. This is the most basic plan. Shoppers take note that the most common types of breakdowns are not included. Here are some examples of what this plan includes coverage for:
- All internally lubricated parts contained within the engine
- Intake & exhaust manifolds
- Balance shaft
- Water pump
- Fuel pump
- Diesel injection pump & diesel oil-controlled fuel injectors
- Oil pump
- Turbocharger/supercharger assembly including boost valve, boost pressure control, wastegate, recirculation and blow off valve; seals and gaskets
- All internally lubricated parts contained within the transmission
- Transaxle and transfer case
- Shift cover and forks
- Bell housing & components within the bell housing
- Torque converter
- External valve bodies
- Control units, solenoids; seals and gaskets
- All internally lubricated parts contained within the differential/axle housing(s)
- 4x4 locking hubs and electric or vacuum actuators
Hybrid and EV Related Components
- Electric motor/generator(s) all internal components; inverter/converter/transformer units including all internal components and cover; continuously variable transmission and all internal components; power split device and all internal components; reduction/reducer box and all internal components; seals and gaskets.
The Gold plan adds a LOT of important systems and components that can fail in your vehicle. Added coverage includes:
- Oil pan
- Valve, timing, and side covers
- Thermostat housing
- Water pump pulley
- Engine mounts
- Harmonic balancer
- Flex plate/flywheel and ring gear
- Mounting brackets and coolant recovery tank
- Fan clutch, fan blades and motor & fan shroud;
- Heater core
- Transmission oil cooler
- Engine oil cooler
- Oil pan
- Detent cable
- Kickdown link
- Throttle cable
- Vacuum modulator
- Transmission mounts
- Constant velocity joints and boots
- Slip joint
- Front wheel drive axles/half-shafts and wheel bearings
- U-joints; couplings; flex disc; prop shafts; center support bearings
- Tie rods, idler and pitman arms
- Center/drag link
- Coupling and shafts
- Cooler lines; steering gear housing and internal parts
- Rack and pinion housing and internal parts
- Power steering pump and internal parts including reservoir
- Electric steering motor
- Power steering pump or electric steering motor mounting brackets; seals and gaskets
- Compensator/proportioning valve & metering valve
- Wheel cylinders
- Backing plate; brake adjusters and brake hardware
- Brake pedal, pedal lever and pedal pivot
- Parking brake linkage/ratchet assembly and cable
- Anti-lock braking system component parts including control processor/module, pump, dump valve, wheel speed sensors, solenoids, accumulator, yaw rate sensor, and pressure differential switch
- Master cylinder; vacuum or hydraulic brake booster assembly; hydraulic lines, hoses and fittings; brake pedal apply pin; seals and gaskets
- Accumulator; receiver drier; automatic temperature control programmer; clutch assembly including coil, disc and pulley; control cables; cutoff switch; serpentine belt tensioner, bearing and pulley; condenser; compressor; evaporator; orifice/expansion valve; seals and gaskets
- Upper and lower control arms
- Shafts and bushings
- Upper and lower ball joints
- Wheel bearings/hubs
- Spindle/steering knuckle and spindle support
- Coil and leaf springs
- Seats and bushings
- Leaf spring shackles
- Track bars
- Links and bushings
- Electronic level control components including pump, accumulator, lines, bags
- Stabilizer bar, links and bushings; kingpin; torsion bar, mounts and bushings
- Tension rods/radius arm
- Front and rear wiper motor
- Transmission and linkage
- Power window motor
- Window regulators
- Power seat motor
- Steering column multi-function switch and individual switches for turn signal, headlamp, dimmer, wiper, washer and cruise control
- Clock spring/spiral cable
- Mirror motor switch
- Brake light switch
- Neutral safety switch
- Glove box light switch
- Courtesy light switch
- Cooling fan relay
- Air control solenoid
- Air regulator valve
- Idle air control motor
- Electronic ignition module
- Ignition coil
- Engine distributor including shaft
- Gear, bushings and modules
- Electronic throttle control
- Gas pedal position sensor/assembly
- Throttle position sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor
- Manifold absolute pressure sensor
- Knock sensor and barometric pressure sensor
- Alternator mounting bracket
- Voltage regulator
- Starter motor
- Solenoid and drive
Additional Hybrid and EV Components
- Motor/generator belt tensioner
- Drive motor dampener
- Voltage inverter reservoir
- Three-phase high voltage cables
- Hydraulic or electric regenerative braking system
- Hybrid/ EV/hydrogen battery (nickel-metal hydrate or lithium-ion drive propulsion battery) including the case and mounting hardware, junction block, main battery cable, and frame wire
- Onboard battery charging system including charge controller, plug in outlets, plug in cable, and trickle charger cable
- Electric AC compressor and motor
- Electric steering rack, gear, and motor
- Electro/hydraulic power steering pump and reservoir
- Hydrogen fuel cell stack
- Battery cooling pump
- Seals and gaskets
The Platinum Plan is the top-level plan offered by FWS. It includes everything included in the Powertrain and Gold plans and added systems. FWS excludes a long list of items from your coverage. For example, glass, rubber components exposed to the elements, catalytic converters, standard manual transmission clutches and associated systems, safety restraint systems, and convertible tops. Your contract will have a full list of exclusions.
How to File a Fidelity Warranty Services Plan Claim?
The filing process for a needed repair goes as follows:
- Customer takes vehicle to any ASE-Certified repair facility.
- Mechanic diagnosis issue and phones FWS.
- FWS considers the diagnosis and approves the repair within 2 hours.
- Customer picks up vehicle after repair is done and pays only the deductible.
Is My Car Eligible for a Fidelity Warranty Services Warranty?
In general, the contracts offered are for cars with less than 100,000 miles and under 10 years old. There are some high mileage plans offered by some individual dealers, but not all. Here is a quick list of other disqualifications:
- Lack of maintenance records
- Any vehicle modification such as an engine tune (chip) or lift kit
- Unusual vehicles
- Any vehicle used for commercial purposes
Most Common Reasons Why Fidelity Warranty Services Claims Are Rejected?
There are some common reasons claims are rejected by all companies offering these service contracts. These include:
- The needed repairs are not included in the contract
- The vehicle was modified
- The vehicle was not properly maintained
- The repair is needed due to damage, not a failure
Should You Get a Fidelity Warranty Services Extended Warranty Plan?
There are two good examples of shoppers where a product like this seems to be a good idea. The first is vehicle owners who can have their budgets upset by a large and unplanned repair bill. The second case is a shopper who owns a vehicle they love and wish to hang on to, but which has a poor track record of reliability. Our advice is to be sure you buy a plan that will cover the most common types of costly failures. Those scary failures can include infotainment systems.
Why walk away? Consumer Reports studies these plans and determined through owner interviews that most plan owners pay more for the plan than they recoup in repairs. Some states even restrict their sales, notably California.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Fidelity Warranty Services Plan legitimate?
Indeed, FWS is one of the longest-running providers of these plans. FWS also is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and earns an A rating.
Can you cancel Fidelity Warranty Services?
An FWS contract can be canceled within 30 days with no penalty for a full refund. From 30-60 days, a small administrative fee applies, and the full price otherwise is refunded. After 60 days, the FWS plan will be refunded on a prorated basis.
How do I use Fidelity Warranty Services?
Using an FWS service plan is easy. You take the vehicle into an approved ASE-certified repair shop, and you pick it up later and pay your deductible (usually $100). We have more details on this above.
What does a service warranty cover?
There are three levels of FWS service plans. The Powertrain Plan covers just the basic, large expensive engine and drivetrain components. The Gold Plan includes a much longer list of items. The Platinum Plan is similar in many ways to your manufacturer’s bumper to bumper new car warranty.